Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Memories

This past Thanksgiving was a little different but very nice. My sister Merri Lea and her husband Rich and daughter Ella and son Bryan brought over all the makings for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. They cooked it and even left the left overs. We had turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, seven-up salad, a green salad, rolls, stuffing, homemade cranberries, pumpkin pie from scratch and persimmon steamed pudding. It was WONDERFUL!!

One thing I have to share is that I am a TURKEY lover. We eat them several times a year. My father's father raised turkey's and as a child I have memories of going to the brooder  house and helping to feed the baby turkeys. I also have memories of the turkeys out in the field, I must share though that turkeys are mean. When  we were little we used to beg mom not to buy us red tennis shoes (we used to wear Keds). Turkeys will peck at anything that is red. We did not wanted to get pecked by the turkeys.

I so appreciate my family and all they do for me.

We also watched a couple of DVD's. The Home Teachers and 17 Miracles (which was given to me by my neighbors Karen and Jon.)

I love this time of year and all the memories and reminders of the blessings we have.

I'm so grateful for the blessing of the gospel, for my family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Ok - so what is 7 up salad?

    Sounds like you had a very nice thanksgiving - a yummy thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete