Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 So Far So Good!

I had a wonderful visit with Lisa and Candalyn last week.

Today I had a blood draw. I felt so sorry for my nurse today. She had a hard time feeling the port and locating the place to insert the needle. It took two nurses at least 3 needles (I heard them say that a couple of them split, I guess they were hitting something solid). It usually takes about 10 minutes. Today I was there about a half hour. Since they had a challenge getting the needle in the nurse decided to leave it in till Thursday. So no shower for 2 days. :(

At 11:00 I had a doctor's appointment. I ended up waiting about a half an hour for her. It was worth the wait. She told me she is VERY pleased with how the chemo is working. My CA-125 when we started treatment was over 300 today it was down to 16. That is a good place according to the doctor. She also mentioned that she is very pleased with the PET/CT. The blood transfusion last week did what it needed to do so I will have a chemo treatment Thursday. The doctor is going to back off a little on the amount of Carboplatin I will be receiving. If the count continues to stay low  I will have three more cycles and then do monthly blood tests to keep an eye on the counts. She feels confident that this will happen but extra prayers will not hurt. I am feeling very blessed and good about what has been happening.

My doctor's due date is Jan 20th. After the first time I met her I asked mom to make her a baby quilt. Lisa and Keith went to Jo Ann's and bought the fabric. Mom got it finished and I took it to the appointment today. She was so excited and said it was the perfect color, the same color as the nursery. I will get to see her one more time before she goes out on maternity leave. I will miss her while she is out.

So far 2012 is a pretty good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment