Monday, January 9, 2012

Sorry For The Delay

Everything was a go for the chemo treatment on Thursday. The same nurse that had a challenge drawing blood on Tuesday was the same nurse I had for the chemo treatment on Thursday. Early on my doctor wanted me to receive hydration during treatment. Apparently the order was missed this last Thursday. The nurse called me to see if I could come back. It wasn't convenient to go back that afternoon. I called and made an appointment to go back at 2:00 on Friday. Things have been going well until Saturday about 6:00 am. I woke up with severe foot pain. When I tried to walk into the bathroom I could barely walk. I took some extra strength Tylenol which was my best friend six years ago. I didn't seem to help much and I spent most of the day in bed. I also did not sleep well Saturday night. I checked on line about side effects of carboplatian. One of the side effects listed is severe pain in the feet. I sent my doctor an email to let her know and if I should do anything else. She said if the Tylenol works take that or try Advil or Ibepropin. I took some Advil and it seems to have helped today. The nurse told me that sometimes side affects don't hit till after several treatments. As with life thinks are constantly changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment