Sunday, October 16, 2011

Great Sunday!

Today at church during Sacrament Meeting (our worship service) we had the Primary program. Primary is what we call the meeting that children ages 3-12 attend in the second 2 hours of church. Each year there is a theme. This year it is I Know The Scriptures Are True. All year they have been learning songs and talking about the scriptures and learning scripture stories and how they can apply to them. During the program each child presents a short message and they sing the songs they have learned. It is one of the best meetings of the year. This year was GREAT!!!

This afternoon mom had visitors. The Corcoran family came over to visit mom. They sang one of the songs from the program. They did great!

I visited a sister form the church to day. I had told her about my cancer. She told me she had prayed for me and latter she had a dream. In the dream she was told to read 2 Nephi 22. The book of Nephi is found in the Book of Mormon which is additional scripture that we believe in. The Book of Mormon is the history and dealings of Jesus Christ in the American continent. This is what 2 Nephi 22 says:

And in that day thou shalt say: O Lord, I will praise thee; though thou wast angry with me thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedest me.
 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.
 Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
 And in that day shall ye say: Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
 Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth.
 aCry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion; for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

This has brought me great comfort. I will have to thank Maria!


No comments:

Post a Comment